Monday, December 22, 2014

Kathryn Vercillo - Hook to Heal




Today I received this email from Ms. Vercillo which I will take to be the final words on her as yet unpublished book, HOOK TO HEAL.

"I've come to the sad decision to refund the generous supporters of my Indiegogo project for my pending book Hook to Heal. This has been a long, hard process and a learning lesson for me. The book remains in the final stages and I truly believe that it will have a 2015 release date. However, I seem to just be stuck. The pressure of "owing" this to people seems to be conflicting with the creative process and as much as I hate to do so, I just really need to let that go. The only way I can see to do that is to refund the money, release that pressure valve and put the book out when it's ready to be released into the world. I just don't want to put out sub-par work solely in order to fulfill this commitment.

I offer huge apologies for the long time that you have waited. Each contribution truly has been valued and appreciated. It has gone to complete the work that I've already done on the project. More than that, it has helped me to believe in the value of my work to others. Your belief in me was very special and I'm sorry to have been unable to fulfill this campaign up to this point.

To get your refund, please email me back with one of the following options:

- Your paypal address, full name and the amount that you contributed.

- Choice to take 3 months free sidebar advertising instead. You can have a free sidebar ad on Crochet Concupiscence (advertising your website, things you sell, social sites, etc.) I reach 400,000+ page views per month so your ad will be seen by a lot of people.

- If you do not have Paypal and don't want the ad option, please send me your full name and mailing address for a check. Please only use this if you truly do not have a Paypal account as it's more difficult for me to send physical checks.

- Or a statement that you choose not to take the refund and would still prefer to receive your copy of the book when it comes out, even though it has been delayed indefinitely.

Please be aware that with the holidays, travel and organizing my finances it will take me a few weeks to process all of the emails, requests, ads and refunds. I will have everything processed no later than January 31, 2015.

Again, I apologize and hope that you understand that I started this campaign with the best of intentions and that it's been something I've learned a lot from in regards to my own creative process.

Kathryn

Kathryn Vercillo
www.kathrynvercillo.com
www.crochetconcupiscence.com"

This is the decent and right thing to do and I respect her decision.
Post a Comment