Wednesday, July 30, 2014

GARY C KING


Initial post: Jul 4, 2014 12:09:39 PM PDT
Gary C. King says:
A Few Words to My Readers

During the writing of DEAD OF NIGHT I began facing medical challenges that ultimately caused me to miss my original deadline with the publisher, and resulted, in part, in my decision to exit the traditional publishing arena. Deadlines and health issues do not go well together. Although initially granted an extension to finish the book, the then-ongoing medical issues caused yet another delay, resulting in the publisher to exercise its contractual right to pull the work-in-progress from me and to hire another writer to finish it. My work ends on page 159. The remainder of the book, including the lengthy excerpt of one of the co-author's other books at the end, is a result of the publisher's decision to exercise its right to move on without me. Many readers have expressed to me their displeasure and dissatisfaction with the quality of DEAD OF NIGHT, and for that I sincerely apologize as it is ultimately my responsibility to make sure that I do not let my readers down. For those of you who feel let down or short-changed, you can't imagine the disappointment I feel for having caused you to feel that way. I am not making excuses for the end result here, but am hopeful that readers will understand the complexity of the situation. Those who are unhappy with DEAD OF NIGHT can always ask for a refund or credit from wherever it was purchased. I hope that your understandably harsh judgment about this work, and my involvement in it, will be short-lived. Thank you.

This post will be followed shortly by the whole story after I get just 2 more answers.

Boo




Post a Comment