Friday, April 11, 2014

THE HOUSE OF THREE MURDERS - Review


The House of Three Murders
~GingerPiperPress


Like Reading in 3D, April 11, 2014
By Boocoos aka Gale Cooney "Boo" (Fort Worth TX)

This review is from: The House of Three Murders: A Smoke Tree Mystery Series Novel (Kindle Edition)

Wow! Everything was so vividly described. The people, their actions, the Mojave Desert, nature- I mean every little detail. It really seemed like I was watching a movie in 3D. Mr. George is a writer to the Nth degree. The story(ies) are truly believable as are the characters. It feels autobiographical except for one major thing. Sometimes the writing is in first person and sometimes it uses a narrative voice, switching between the two over and over and flawlessly. I think that's an amazing thing to be able to do. The author promises another book set in the same area soon. I can't wait.
I received a free copy from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review. I highly recommend this book and the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that I got bogged down in some of the detail that I thought was not needed to carry the story forward. However, I can't think of a single word I would cut. It's an experience rather than the reading of a book; an event that changes the readers life in one way or another. Read the book, have the experience.
Post a Comment