Wednesday, April 2, 2014

ONE MORE RIDE IN THE RAIN -Review




K.M. Weiland has me hooked! I did not care for the subject matter: civil war, slow lingering death, mental and physical torture, etc. ONE MORE RIDE IN THE RAIN has all that and I loved it. Not so much for the subject or concept, but the writing which is polished to a high sheen. This is The Short Story at it's very best. Superb, concise, not a wasted word and yet so full and rich and satisfying.
There's an old saying that those who can, do and those that can't, teach. Weiland blows that myth out of the water. She teaches exceptionally ( which is where I found her) AND she writes in more than one genre with equal power.
I highly recommend this story and wish there were more than 5 stars to give so to separate this work from the "near greats"!
Post a Comment