Monday, April 14, 2014

1,000 CREATIVE WRITING PROMPTS - Review




A Few of my Favorite Things, March 21, 2014
By Boocoos aka Gale Cooney "Boo"


This review is from: 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts: Ideas for Blogs, Scripts, Stories and More (Kindle Edition)

I received a free copy of this book from Story Cartel. As it frequently happens, this book is one I probably would have purchased if I had found it, but Story Cartel is always finding books like this for me.

1000 CREATIVE WRITING PROMPTS belongs on your shelf with other writing tools like a thesaurus, dictionary and Elements of Style. It blows writer's block out of the water!

My favorites include:
#164 in category divorce
#974 in category of drugs
#609-672 in category of writing
#457 in category of sleep regarding deprivation

To point at something humorous, #95 made me laugh out loud. It is from the seasonal heading and fall subheading. See what you think.

"95. You are a leaf on a tree that is undergoing foliage. What are your leafy thoughts and feelings?"

Undergoing foliage?

To be serious, this is a powerful tool based on the idea that it takes 30 days to make a task like writing a habit like flossing your teeth. Only 4 stars because parts of it were redundant ideas hiding in different verbiage. I recommend this book highly.
Post a Comment